September BOD Meeting Minutes

Wed, September 21, 2016 5:37 PM | ROCATD Admin (Administrator)

September 6, 2016 - ROCATD BOD Meeting Minutes

In attendance: Catherine Majane, Katelyn Donald, Michelle Lewis, Phil Minarik, Bob Peter, Amanda Hanlon

1.) Welcome new potential board members:

            Katelyn Donald

            Catherine Majane

Action item: Michelle L. will create new survey so the members can vote in new board members which will help us meet CARE requirements, which is one of our goals for the year.

2.) Nice job on All Member Meeting!

            - Post photos/blog message 

            - Follow up with potential members

Action item: Bob will update website with a summary and photos of the event.

Action item: Michelle L. will follow up with attendees who are not members.

3.) CARE Requirements 

            - Look at areas of requirements

            - How are we doing?

            - Next steps

            - Look at (potential) board members’ natural talents/areas of strength

            - Clarify roles, responsibilities, and action items

Need time as a group to look at these in more detail. Catherine has strong natural talent with this type of detail.  We will all look over the checklist, not only to see where we are and understand the qualifications better, but also to determine which items we can each help make happen.

On first glance, we are doing much better: we have added Power Membership to the website and to a few of the email templates and we discuss it at meetings and bring it up at programs/events.

Action item: Michelle L. will request the list of National Members from D. Frankel. Phil will sort and organize the list and Katelyn will reach out to National Members to encourage local membership as well.

Katelyn and Amanda will take on Membership together.

We decided as a group that we will clarify board positions, roles, and responsibilities after we meet for our session to learn about the CARE requirements and how to use Wild Apricot (Onboarding).

Action item: Michelle L will schedule a time within the next two weeks to go over CARE Requirements and how to use Wild Apricot.

4.) Developing sense of community (and bringing value to members)

            - SIGs

                        <Consultant SIG

                        <New chair of OD SIG

                        <Other SIGs

                        <Liaison to SIGs – still with Bob to transfer to another board position?

                        <Anything else?

               

Action item: Phil will reach out to a potential member (R J) about leading the Health Care SIG.

Action item: Bob will put out dates and officially begin the Coaching and Consulting SIG.

The theme for our Holiday Event will be SIGs. We will feature all SIGs and the goal is to have 5 active SIGs by May of 2017.

Would like to get a Higher Ed SIG and an eLearning SIG too.

Need a new leader for the OD SIG. Action item: Phil to call KB to get a list of the members from the OD SIG so we can reach out and find a new leader. Michelle L. possible interest in joining OD SIG.

                - Upcoming Programs & Events

SIG events and Holiday event will be posted to the website as they are scheduled.

 

admin@rocatd.org
© Rochester Chapter, Association for Talent Development
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software