Converting PPT to elearning:
- What is the definition of elearning to the group? Basically anything delivered electronically. The group understood there is a bigger picture, but sometimes all you can get out is click and read.
- All agreed that most technology will just take the PPT slides and convert into an authoring tool, but that isn’t what really should be done.
- Need to consider not just converting dense PPT slides, but taking the live interactions and converting them into activities to keep “stickiness.”
- Some members of the group turn the PPT into an elearning template so that they can determine how to create real elearning.
- Product to take a look at: Adapt learning. It is somewhat like Rise from Articulate, but you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get it.
- Product to take a look at: Audacity is a free program that is good for editing sound
- The majority of the group’s members use either a Word document or a PPT document
- Work with SME’s to identify what should be happening with each slide
- Great suggestion to make dry content more interesting – wrap a story around it.