Subject Matter Experts who facilitate important training, learning, and/or development sessions with internal and external audiences for the benefit of the participants and the organizations in which they work. It will serve as a great introduction to new trainers and refresher for experienced trainers.
· To build learning processes that actively engage our participants, enable them to lead their learning, and commit to use what they have learned.
· This results in people who are better equipped to contribute to their organizations successfully and experience themselves as more capable in their lives.
After completing this learning process, subject matter expert facilitators will be able to:
· Identify the conditions under which adults can effectively learn new knowledge and skills
· Engage participants at a personal level
· Engage participants in understanding their accountability for their own learning/development
· Rapidly engage participants during the first 5 to 10 workshop minutes, developing rapport quickly
· Develop a metaflow (learning process) for their workshops based on adult learning best practices, the formula for the optimal transfer of learning, and all three learning modes: visual, auditory, and kinesthetic
University of Rochester Facilities and Services Building Training Conference Room, map link: http://mapq.st/1oUatFO
Our program leader
Laurie Allan is a Registered Organization Development Professional with 20 years of experience in delivering customized, strategic solutions that consistently produce lasting, positive change. Her areas of expertise are leadership development and coaching, team development, strategic planning, high performance cultures, strategic talent management, and diversity and inclusion. She is particularly committed to helping leaders learn to lead from their values and build organizations committed to being successful and making a positive difference in our world.
Laurie is adept in assessment, planning, facilitation, executive and middle management coaching, and team consultation processes. She works with companies, professional firms, and nonprofit organizations. Over 90 percent of her clients return for new services having realized their desired outcomes from previous consultations. She consistently achieves high rates of client engagement and development and transfer of learning to their jobs.
Prior to establishing Laurie Allan & Associates LLC in 2004, Laurie worked for eight years as Vice President & Senior Consultant at WorkSmart Learning Systems, Inc. where she developed and delivered coaching and consulting services to companies and organizations. With her CEO, she created the Integrated Leader Leadership Development Process. She was one of the founders and managing partners of Walden Hall Associates for eight years. Before this, Laurie was Vice President of Career Development Services, Inc. where she worked with her colleagues to introduce important new services including executive development, spouse relocation, dual career couple, and outplacement services.
Laurie has worked with a broad range of organizations, including large publicly held companies as well as smaller, privately owned businesses and professional firms. She has extensive experience in the healthcare industries. A sample of her client organizations includes American Cancer Society, Bausch & Lomb, Cheshire, CVC/Veeco, Coordinated Care Services, Inc, East House, Fuji, Gannett, Harter Secrest Emery LLP, Highland Hospital, Kodak, Mass Mutual, The Mental Health Association, Nixon Peabody LLP, Planned Parenthood, Precision Grinding & Manufacturing, Prudential, RCIPA, Rochester Institute of Technology, St. Ann’s Community, St. Gobain ADFORS and CertainTeed, Seventh Generation, Tompkins Financial, and Xerox.
Currently, Laurie serves on the Board of Friends of Ganondagan and is a member of the Capital Campaign Council. She has provided volunteer leadership to a number of nonprofit organizations such as Healthy Start of Rochester, the