For more information or to apply please contact Michelle Campanella: email@example.com
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Fire and Security Products group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems and mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems . Among its leading brands are Lenel, Interlogix, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioffoffering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safely equipment and systems.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Manager of Content & Development position at our Lenel headquarters in Pittsford, NY. This position is responsible for leading and overseeing multiple curriculum development functions within the Global Education team. The Manager of Content & Development will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Instructional Designers, and learning and development team members to apply adult learning strategies to create innovative, engaging, and interactive content within a variety of training solutions. Learning product deliverables include eLearning, webinars, and instructor-led courses in online, blended, and classroom learning environments produced using sound instructional design principles and best practices. This role will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining appropriate industry accreditations and oversight of certification programs. In addition, this position will oversee and administrate the Learning Management System responsible for delivery and tracking of eLearning content.
This position will report to and be supported by the North America Security Products Training Leader.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and assist with internal and external course curriculum development, design, assessment, and evaluation.
- Administrate the Learning Management System to organize, deliver, and track eLearning content.
- Manage, maintain, and administrate the international Lenel Certification Program in compliance with IACET and ANSI standards.
- Coordinate training and development team resources to create classroom and online training content for product update training (Distance Learning) across multiple business units.
- Oversee the innovation of learning products by contributing ideas for new training materials and improvement of existing training materials.
- Manage design documentation that communicates learning objectives, content structure, assessment measures, and learning impact.
- Manage and maintain accreditation (IACET, ESA, BICSI, etc.) for certification resources.
- Develop, conduct, and analyze market feedback research to assist department in continuous improvement to achieve competitive excellence.
- Bachelors degree in Instructional Design, Education, Educational Technology, or a related field of study; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in application of adult learning theory, instructional design, and online learning product development; supervisory/team leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively and accurately manage several projects one at a time, prioritize and organize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead and coordinate activities of learning and development staff or outsourced contractors.
- Advanced working knowledge of eLearning course authoring tools such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate and Creative Suite tools, Camtasia, and related software.
- Experience working in Learning Management Systems (LMS); Moodle experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor.
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills with a detail orientation.
- Experience in project management, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery.
- High level of organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency using standard Microsoft Office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
3-4 weeks (per year) domestic or international travel may be required; less than 20 percent travel for training, conferences, meetings, events, or special work projects.