Please review the following meeting minutes. If you have any questions regarding the information please let us know. If you are interested in becoming part of our volunteer team, contact a current BOD member to discuss your interest. Thank you.
1. Goals: Meet CARE Requirements & Increase sense of community (Are we in agreement that we’ve established these goals for the upcoming year? We can define our plan for reaching these goals but I want to make sure we have a clear target for the year)
· Yes these are the 2016 BOD Goals
2. Introduce Amanda (potential new BOD member)
· YAY!!! Welcome Amanda! Amanda is interested in joining the BOD. Position is TBD – Voting will be included in the Letter from the President.
3. Let’s take a moment to recognize and celebrate the progress we’ve made.
· The BOD has set goals, is working on updating the Web page, and is dedicated to providing value and a sense of community to the greater Rochester Training and Development Community
4. Comments/suggestions on Letter from the President.
· Edited the letter. Michelle L. will send out to all members
5. Details about the All Member Meeting, the content of the program, location, date, plan – who should be in charge of what regarding that meeting – membership materials, making sure we can take payments, materials for Power Membership
· Location is set; we need a min of 40 participants. Includes AV equipment and the room. The cost is approximately $20 per person. Michelle L. Will connect with our sponsors to showcase them.
· All board members to connect with one potential sponsor for this event
· We will send a mailer announcing the event – 3 Ted Talk Topics (12 min each with 5 min of questions.
· Michelle C can speak on Selling L&D to the C Suite. We will need 2 more topics. Maybe a healthcare topic?
6. Marketing the Crucial Conversations event
· Classroom in U of R Laboratory for Laser Energetics (Laser Lab), is FREE and Michelle L coordinated easy parking for the event, which is also FREE.
· Class time will change to 9:00-4:30 because the doors do not open until 8:30 (we’ll do 8:30-9:00 registration and then class starts at 9:00).
· Phil will work with Michelle L to get the specific details on this to send to our distribution list
· Bob will update the Event on the website
7. More website updates: sponsorship page, membership page – merge to highlight power membership
· See Google Doc with working action item list for website updates. The BOD will continue to work updates independently and then review as a team at the next meeting (8/2 at 5:00pm)